HEARTS KIX (Shinjuku) Open!
- Up to 10 persons per month!
If you get interested in our gym, just try it!
Everything is OK if you enjoy it!!
Gym for everyone to experience martial arts
What is Wajutsu Keishukai HEARTS?
It is a martial arts gym represented by Kenji Osawa who is a martial artist, following the tradition of “Wajutsu Keishukai” with more than 30-year history. Only a few martial arts gyms have produced martial artists at full scale in Japan. Wajutsu Keishukai HEARTS is a prestigious martial arts gym having a lot of active professional martial artists.
Click here to see our martial artists.
2 brands available for your purposes
We have 2 brands:
– “HEARTS” for persons who wish to learn martial arts more earnestly than exercises
– “HEARTS KIX” to offer you improved exercise classes
We have 2 types of gyms:
“Wajutsu Keishukai HEARTS (Shinjuku)” suited to persons who wish to learn martial arts more earnestly than exercises
“HEARTS KIX (Shinjuku)" and HEARTS KIX (Komazawa)” having many female participants due to its improved exercise classes and also offering classes for kids
You can choose either of “full-time member” or “daytime member”.
“Full-time member”: You can use the gym at any time.
“Daytime member”: You can use the gym during daytime hours on weekdays at an affordable price.
Both members can use Wajutsu Keishukai HEARTS (Shinjuku), HEARTS KIX (Shinjuku) and HEARTS KIX (Komazawa).
We have a wide variety of classes ranging from martial arts such as kickboxing, Jiu-jitsu, grappling and MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) to fitness classes.
During business hours, you can use the gym and participate in classes as much as you like! Please participate in any class you are interested in as you want since we have various classes every day.
Your application for a trail lesson is always welcome! Please visit any class you wish to experience after confirming its schedule. Your prior reservation enables us to guide you more carefully.
Kenji Osawa who is the representative of our gym and who has served as a commentator on a lot of TV programs of martial arts and other instructors including world-champion professional martial artists with proven skills and achievements teach you from the basics carefully and in a joyful way.
- I am a beginner at martial arts, but can I join a beginners’ class?
Yes! Of course, you can join it. Half of our members started the martial arts as beginners.
- About what percentage of your students is female? Which class has a lot of female students?
For Shinjuku gym, the female percentage is about10%, and for Komazasa gym, it is about 30%.
Female students tend to participate in the fitness classes or beginners’ kickboxing classes.
- Your trainers are professional martial artists, but do they teach me kindly and carefully?
All trainers are kind and they strive to give lessons to convey the fun of the martial arts.
- I did karate in my childhood, so I want to do martial arts in earnest. How strong will I become if I join a regular class?
It depends on your level as an experiencer, but we think that you could participate in a match for amateurs in about 1 year.
- Can I aim to become a professional martial artist? How can I become a professional?
For your becoming a professional, you have to achieve goods results in amateur tournaments.
- The basic trainings are important, but I want to spar as soon as possible. How long will it take for me to start sparring?
In the kickboxing class, only light sparring is available, but you can immediately start sparring after you work out several times. As for jujutsu or grappling, you will start it with more skilled athletes little by little after you work out several times.
- I want to go to the gym for weight reduction and stress release. I don’t want to learn martial arts earnestly, but do you have any problems with it?
Of course not. No problem. Almost all members come to the gym to do exercises with enjoyment.
- Recently, I have not done exercises, so I am worried about injuries. Do you have a lot of accidents causing heavy injuries which may affect members’ work or life?
We do not warrant that no accidents would occur due to the nature of the martial arts, but the accidents which lead to heavy injuries rarely occur. Our instructors carefully supervise the whole class to prevent any accidents.
- Do you have showers?
The Shinjuku gym and Komazawa gym have 1 shower respectively.
- Do you have any events other than classes or any interactions with other students?
Currently, we have no events due to the new corona virus pandemic, but all members used to go to see the matches to cheer for the participants. If the pandemic is over, we plan to hold drinking parties again as we used to do so.